Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Be Your Own Brand - But Tell Us About It!

Once I was once just a voice in the crowd. Now I am my own brand.

This is the power of Twitter and social media. It used to be that branding oneself was done in a boardroom full of high powered executives with all the money, all the resources and all the Armani this side of the Atlantic. Your brand was chosen for you based on what would sell, and how easily you could slither into those leather pants in that high powered Cola-sponsorship ad.

Well my friends, the times they are a-changing.

It is no longer just pop stars and fast cars that have the accessibility to brand themselves. Thanks to social media, we all have that choice. It may take a lot of leg work and a little pizazz, but each of us now has access to a platform which allows us to choose how we present ourselves to the world. As a writer, I now have the opportunity to show you who I am, allow you some insight into my world, or tell you a story. Not only can I brand myself any way that I choose, I can create a new brand if I don't like any of the existing products!

Perhaps I'm waxing philosophical here, so I'll try to bring it in. What I'm getting at is that we are interested in hearing your Social Media love stories. How has Social Media changed your life? How has Twitter provided direct success? Motivation? Community? We want to to hear your firecracker of a story, your fail-whale of a tale. Tell us how you fell in love with Twitter, or what Social Media has done for you lately. Tell us what your dreams are for the future.

If you would like to write a guest post for this blog on how Social Media has changed your life, please email us at SMwriters@gmail.com we can provide you with a topic to write about, or if you have an amazing tale that is dancing on the tip of your tongue, let us know. We can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment